Tips for preparing your home for colder weather
October 27, 2017
This year marks my first year in a house (as an adult, that is), meaning that when I step outside I find the outdoors rather than an apartment hallway. It’s also that time of the year when the energy bill starts creeping up. I want my home to be in the best possible shape in preparation for these colder months to both save me from future problems (from our very unpredictable weather!) and seal the heat inside.
Here are a few of the steps I’ll be following in order be successful:
1. Inspect your home thoroughly
- Check for drafty windows
- Check for cracks or blisters in the paint’s exterior surface
- Check for worn out seals and strips on the windows and doors
2. Replace old windows
- We offer vinyl window replacement in the Seattle, WA which can help lessen heat transfer in and out of your home
- Vinyl windows have gas-filled glass that can help keep you from relying on your HVAC units, leading to more energy savings
- Gain assurance that your windows are airtight
3. Replace old doors
- We offer storm doors that can withstand harsh weather conditions
- The will keep cold air from entering your home
- Like our windows, these can help increase your home’s comfort levels and you can expect them to be just as airtight
4. Repaint your home’s exterior walls
- We can do exterior painting from Everett, WA all the way to Renton, WA and in-between!
- Give life to your outer walls before the clouds take our sun away
- We have tools and experience to do the job properly
- Our workmanship comes with a warranty that will give you peace of mind
You can rely on Perdue Builders & Supply to provide you with services that will help prepare your home for the colder months. For more information about our services, give us a call at (425) 398-8609 or fill out our contact form.