5 Features and Benefits of James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding
While you can choose from several siding material options—vinyl, wood, and brick among them—none comes close to the benefits offered by James Hardie fiber cement siding. When looking for siding replacement for your next home improvement project, consider James Hardie fiber cement siding. Here are some of its features and benefits.
1. It requires almost zero maintenance – Fiber cement siding is on par with vinyl when it comes to maintenance requirements. All it needs is a little washing with a garden hose once in a while. Since it comes pre-finished, you will never have to worry about repainting your siding for its entire service life, unless you want to change the color at some point.
2. It’s extremely durable – James Hardie siding contains fiber cement, one of the most durable materials available. The added thickness allows it to withstand even direct impact from hailstones, large debris, and even the occasional golf balls. It has also been tested to withstand up to 150 mph winds, and will not warp, crack, or rot even under constant exposure to the elements. Thanks to the HardieZone® system, the James Hardie fiber cement siding sold by your home improvement contractor is specifically designed for the local climate.
3. It stays beautiful – James Hardie fiber cement siding is five times thicker than most siding material, which allows deeper, more authentic wood grain textures. Combined with the exclusive ColorPlus® Technology, you can be confident that your exterior will look the same for a long time. ColorPlus Technology also lets you choose from a wide variety of colors – perfect for projects that call for specific hues.
4. It’s a worthwhile investment – According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2017 Cost vs Value Report, homeowners can potentially recoup up to 84.1% of the siding replacement project’s cost. When combined with the aforementioned advantages and long-term benefits, a James Hardie fiber cement siding is a worthwhile investment.
5. It’s covered by the best warranty in the business – All James Hardie products are covered by a 30-year non-prorated warranty, longer than what most siding manufacturers offer.
Perdue Builders and Supply serves property owners in and around Seattle and Bothell, WA. To know more about our siding replacement services, call us today at (425) 398-8609 or fill out our contact form to set up a time for your free, no-obligation quote.