5 Home Improvements to Prioritize This Spring
Spring is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start planning home improvement projects. This way, you can address issues that your home has encountered last season and prepare your home for the incoming ones. Perdue Builders and Supply recommends you start with these projects:
1. Window replacement – Drafty windows tend to be more noticeable during winter, so take time to identify which windows to replace. Drafts cause discomfort and significantly affect energy consumption. Consider prioritizing window replacement and choosing energy-efficient units. They help reduce your energy consumption and lower your energy bills.
2. Roof maintenance and repairs – If you haven’t had your roof inspected in the last five years, then it’s about time you had a roof maintenance inspection. Roofs are constantly exposed to the elements, and they will likely have accumulated a significant amount of wear and tear since they were last inspected. A thorough maintenance should reveal problem spots and whether or not they will need repair or replacement. Regular maintenance not only extends your roof’s service life, but it also improves your home’s energy efficiency.
3. New doors – Drafty front or patio doors pose a bigger risk for higher energy bills because of their size. When choosing a replacement for your door installation, take it as an opportunity to choose a beautiful unit that will help boost your home’s curb appeal.
4. Siding replacement – Consider upgrading to fiber cement for your next siding replacement. James Hardie® siding offers fiber cement options that are better suited for our climate in the Pacific Northwest. James Hardie’s ColorPlus™ Technology also lets you choose from a wide array of color options with finishes that last much longer than typical siding.
5. Exterior painting – Alternatively, you can have your exterior repainted if your siding is relatively new. Having exterior painting done professionally will save you a lot of time and energy. You also won’t be risking injury by climbing up a ladder to paint the upper levels. Our exterior painting services are backed by a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty, so you’ll be confident we’ll get it done right the first time. We’ll be happy to come back to correct any issues after installation.
Perdue Builders and Supply serves residents around Everett, Seattle, and Kirkland, WA. If you like to learn more about our remodeling services, call us today at (425) 398-8609. You can also fill out our contact form for a free estimate.